University of Washington
Denny Hall was the first building on the University of Washington’s current campus. Completed in 1895, the 86,400 sf building houses the Department of Anthropology; Classics; Germanics; and Near Eastern Languages and Civilization; as well as the Language Learning Center and a computer resource center.
The renovation of Denny Hall celebrates both the historic nature of the building and the original composition of spaces while providing modern and interactive learning spaces. The renovation will also bring the building into compliance with life-safety and ADA requirements. In addition, the renovation will upgrade all building systems, increase energy efficiency, improve indoor air quality and lighting, and improve acoustical performance.