Multnomah County Library
Completed in 2000
The colonial style Belmont Branch Library was originally completed in 1924. The renovation involved expanding on the geometric brick massing and sensibly responding to its historic nature. A 2,000 sf addition was added to provide an area for a meeting room and to allow for a reconfiguration and expansion of the functional spaces. The interior finishes were upgraded in a manner fitting to this historic building. Structural considerations included bringing the building up to current seismic compliance, as well as hazard reduction on the original structure.